December 21, 2020 CWT Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Present: Ric Coombe, Bud Gladstone, David Kukle, Greg Vurckio, Bill Federice, Scott Grey and Larry Reilly.
Others: Kelly Mariotti, Jason Merwin, Jeff Baker, Nick Carbone, Tim Cox, Larry Underwood, Aaron Bennett, Bruce Dolph and Anne Seefeldt (student).
1. Call to Order: Ric called the meeting to order at 6:18.
2. November 21, 2020 Minutes Approval: Motion to approve minutes by Bud Gladstone. Second by Bill Federice. Motion carried.
3. Stakeholders Meeting: Jeff Baker reported on the December 8th State Holder meeting with Dave Warne regarding the NAS report. Ric Coombe and Jeff made comments regarding the SAP program and the LAP. Delaware County made similar comments as well. Dave stated this is a process of moving forward for the next FAD and amending the Water Supply Permit. There will be 4 meetings starting in January through February. The meetings will cover Land Acquisition, Stream Management, WAC and Ag issues and finally Waste Water and Storm Water.
Ric Coombe stated that this was his first State Holders meeting that he attended. He feels with all the people involved, it will be difficult to achieve any goals. CWT needs to stay focused on the things that matter and really lay the ground work for what we want this to look like 10 to 20 years from now.
Ric stated that his Board received the Hamlet letter from CWC. He was surprised that many of the Board members were confused by it. It was agreed by the CWT members that an outreach needs to be done to the town boards as to what the CWT does. Give the board members some history of CWT and explain the LFA . Tim Cox stated that he has been getting responses from Town Board members regarding the Hamlet letters, asking him to send out what the towns did back in 2017 for LFAs.
Jeff Baker shared with the CWT member’s new language that he and Hilary wrote regarding subdivisions.
a. FAD deliverables: No report
i. Streamside Acquisition: No report
b. Flood Commission Reports: Larry Underwood will send out Delaware County’s report. Kelly will send the report to the CWT group.
c. CWC report: Jason Merwin reported that the Hamlet letters have been sent out to the Towns. LFA’s letters also has been sent out to the communities to re-educate or educate the communities as to what is a LFA.
Larry Underwood reported that Shelly Johnson and Graydon Dutcher will be doing a presentation regarding LFAs at the January Board of Supervisor’s meeting.
d. Below the Reservoirs: No report
5. Warrants(s) and Treasurer’s Report: Kelly read off the account balances.
$429.01 in the checking account and
$101,508.38 in the savings account.
Larry Reilly motioned to accept the Treasurer’s report. Second by Bud Gladstone. Motion carried.
Greg Vurckio motioned to except the warrant for
The Storeroom $50.00
Delaware County Admin services $375.51 and
Jeff Baker for $1,572.00.
Making the total warrant for $1,997.51.
Second by Larry Reilly. Motion carried.
6. Other: Below the Reservoirs: Nick Carbone reported on the MMI Flood report that was commissioned by OGS. The report stated what many have understood is the tributaries of the East and West branch are steep and unstable and that the main stem can’t transport the sediment. Also, that when reservoirs are not at peak they provide some flood attenuation.
Tim Cox and Aaron Bennett reported that DEP is getting a permit on the releases from the Shokan reservoir down to the lower Esopus. There is a video conference on February 4th regarding the draft Environment Impact Statement.
7. Adjourn: Motion to adjourn meeting by Greg Vurckio. Second by Bill Federice. Meeting adjourned at 7:15.