May 16, 2022, CWT Executive Board Meeting Minutes
Present: Ric Coombe, David Kukle, Bud Gladstone, David Edinger, Bill Federice, Edward Snow, Greg Vurckio, Steve Walker, Greg Kroyer, Bennett Ratcliff, Christina Viafore
Others: Jeff Baker, Jason Merwin, Nick Carbone, Bruce Dolph, Thomas Hoyt, Michelle Yost, Cher Woehl, Anna Lehr Mueser (visiting graduate student)
1. Call to Order: Ric Coombe called the meeting to order at 6:18 pm.
2. April 18, 2022, Meeting Minutes Approval: Motion to approve the minutes made by Bud Gladstone and seconded by Steve Walker. Motion carried.
a. FAD Deliverables: Jeff provided a report of the Revised FAD that was issued for review on April 20, 2022. Jeff shared that he would be providing an overview of the FAD, when it came about and how we got to where we are today. He shared that the comments to the revised FAD are due by June 3, 2022. As the revised FAD is an extensive document requiring significant review, the members agreed to request an extension of time for submitting CWT review input. The motion to direct Jeff Baker to write to NYSDOH to request an extension for written comments on the Draft Revised FAD until July 31, 2022, was made by Steve Walker, seconded by Ed Snow. Motion carried. Jeff shared that CWT would need to go into executive session to continue the discussions on the FAD, based on the information to be shared.
b. Streamside Acquisition: nothing to report
c. Flood Commission Report: nothing to report
d. CWC Report: Jason reported that DEP issued a letter accepting the historical septage numbers. The contracts were to be effective immediately. Jason also reported that he and Tim (Cox) are working on the CWC responses to the revised FAD. A special meeting of the CWC Board will be held on May 23rd to obtain all FAD comments. Greg asked Jason if they are accepting new septic projects, to which Jason responded yes they are fully open and ready to move forward.
e. Below the Reservoirs – nothing to report
4. Members agreed to address an additional meeting information prior to Executive Session. Following items were addressed:
- Ric indicated that it is time to issue the annual dues letter. Jeff will work with Cher on this.
- Nick asked members if anyone had experienced or heard of any issues with farmers wanting to rent from DEP. He indicated that the agreements are very restrictive and extensive. Bud shared that there were issues last year with the licenses, but he has been in conversation with Paul Rush, new manager of the program, to resolve some of the issues. Ric shared that he is a lease holder for some hay land and has not experienced any issues. Members were asked to ‘keep their eyes and ears open’ and report on any problems they become aware of.
5. Bill Federice made the motion, seconded by Bud Gladstone, to move into Executive Session for further discussion on the FAD contract. Motion carried. At 6:42 p.m. CWT Executive Board Members and required attendees moved into Executive Session where Jeff Baker briefed everyone on ongoing negotiations with FAD. No actions were taken in Executive Session. At 7:15 p.m. Steve Walker made the motion, seconded by Bill Federice, to return to regular CWT meeting. Motion carried.
6. Warrants and Treasurer’s Report: Bud reported that as of April 29, 2022, the checking account has $2,349.92 and the savings account has $136,974.07. Steve Walker made motion to accept the Treasurer’s report, seconded by Ed Snow. Report accepted. Bud presented warrant #93 in the amount of $3,606.70 for payment of April legal fees. Greg Vurckio made a motion to pay warrant #93, seconded by David Edinger. Motion carried.
7. Christina asked if CWT meetings could be ‘hybrid’ meetings, being attended in person and through ZOOM. Jeff reported that after June 1, 2022, hybrid meetings would be available, making sure that everyone was aware that to have a quorum there must be at least 5 members in attendance in person. Bud suggested that Cher sends an email to members prior to the meeting to find out who would be attending in person vs. attending via ZOOM.
8. Adjourn: Motion to adjourn was made by Greg Vurckio, seconded by Bud Gladstone. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:19 pm.