The regularly scheduled CWT executive board meeting (3rd Monday of the month) for July 15, 2019 was cancelled because there was not a quorum in attendance.
Location: CWC, Main Street, Margaretville, NY
Time: 6:15 pm
Present: William Federice, Peter Friedel, Michael McCrary, Mark Tuthill, Greg Vurckio and David Kukle.
Others: Bruce Dolph, Tim Cox, Jeff Baker, Jason Merwin, Michelle Yost and Kelly Mariotti.
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:17 pm.
2. March 18, 2019 Minutes Approval (no meeting in April and May): Motioned by Don Murray. Second by Mike McCrary. All in favor.
3. Update on 3rd Supplemental Side Agreement Signatures: Jeff Baker believes that they have all the signatures. He will double check with Hilary.
4. NAS meeting May 13-14: Bruce Dolph attended both days. Over all it went very well. The group brought up Land Swapping. This is in the right direction, but it will be difficult because of the easements. If the NAS says that the State and the City should explore avenues to allow the swaps to happen and if there is a consensus, we could push for this in the next permit. The State has to agree to take the easement off and everybody that is part of the MOA would have to agree to it as well. Would need an amendment to the MOA. We have to wait and see what the NAS report says. NAS was talking about more visits to Delaware County.
Peter Friedel stated that there is no money for relocation for the Boiceville Firehouse. Tim Cox stated that Peter is talking about Flood Buy Outs. With the Flood Buy Outs, the easements have to stay. CWC approved funds to buy the relocation property, but the problem is that the town doesn’t want the property to go through the Flood Buy Out. Aaron Bennett is putting in an application for the cost of building the Firehouse. CWC has funds for the onsite septic.
5. DEP appraisals: Land Acquisition in Delhi; which they don’t solicit because we are over the 100%. But the city did turn down buying a whole parcel which was 240 acres which was developable land. It was split by county route 2. They bought the steep slope of the parcel but not the developable side.
6. Elections: Jeff Baker mailed out the election notice last month. Some of the ballets have come in. We need more nominees to come in. Deadline is Friday, June 21.
a. FAD deliverables: Jeff Baker didn’t have anything to report.
i. Streamside Acquisition – Jeff reported that the Flood Buy Out is very close to finalizing the language on the conservation easement that the properties are prone to subdivision. Waiting on Shelly Johnson (Del. Co. Planning) for her comments and if she is comfortable with the language. Village of Tannersville is looking to relocate their garage, Michelle Yost reported. There is an adjacent lot which is about the size of the CWC conference room that the city does not want buy. It’s not in the floodplain. Jeff’s suggestion is to combine the lots. Michelle also reported that the city has been buying parcels in Schoharie County.
b. Flood Commission Reports:
Bruce Dolph reported for Delaware County. 1. Breakey Motors – More text pits need to be done. Demolition is set to be done after fair. 2. Water Sheet – The project is moving along. Revisiting the plans for the boat launch on Water Street which the public will be invited to review. 3. Walton school on Townsend street received a grant from CWC to do a study on two of the school wings that flood. 4. Roxbury – They are in the process of picking a consultant. 5. Andes is doing data collection around the school property. 6. Stamford – selecting a consultant.
Michelle Yost reported on Greene County. 1. Village of Hunter bridge enlargement. 2. There is a property located at the bottom of Hunter Mtn. which is an erosion hazard that is in the Flood Buy-Out. Below that there are 3 parcels that the Village would like to consider for a Buy-Out. 3. Jewett is going through a Local Flood Analysis. 4. Lexington completed a sustainable communities grant that CWC funded.
c. CWC report: Tim Cox reported that the regular monthly meeting of the CWC Board of Directors will be held Tuesday, July 2 at 1 pm at the Stamford Town Office in Hobart. The new CWC building should be done by the end of the year.
Tim also reported that there is a back log of about 430 septic systems (which there is funding) but there is no funding for 2019. The last time CWC received funding was back in 2017 which CWC was able to stretch out to 2019. Since there is no contract yet with DEP there will be a gap in septic systems funds. CWC approved the contract and it is now in the hands of DEP. DOH is doing nothing regarding the gap in funding. It’s in the FAD that DOH is required to ensure that funding continues for the septic programs. DOH says that they are not aware of the situation. Jeff will develop a resolution urging NYC to enter into the contract and urging DOH to assure that the city complies with the FAD. Motion for Jeff to develop the resolution on behalf of CWT; moved by Mike McCrary. Second by Peter Friedel. All in favor.
d. Below the Reservoirs: No update
8. Warrants(s) and Treasurer’s Report: Motion to pay the warrant by Mike McCrary. Second by Pete Friedel. All in favor. Motion to except the Treasurer’s report by Don Murray. Second by Peter Friedel. All in favor.
9. Other: Nothing to report.
10. Adjourn: Motion to adjourn by Don Murray. Second by Peter Friedel. All in favor. Adjourn at 7:10 pm