Location: CWC, Main Street, Margaretville, NY
Present: Anthony Coiro, William Federice, Peter Friedel, Wayland Gladstone, Art Merrill, Michael McCrary, Mark Tuthill, Greg Vurckio, Thomas Hilson, Chris Mathews, Jeff Baker.
Others – Graydon Dutcher, Michelle Yost, Tim Cox, Larry Underwood, Aaron Bennett, Molly Oliver, Bruce Dolph, Frazier.
1. Call to Order: 6:15
2. October 16, 2017 Minutes Approval – Motion to approve Art Merrill, second by Tony Coiro. Passed.
3. Introductions: Molly was welcomed back.
4. Resolution – Signing Third Supplemental Side Agreement by Bruce Dolph. Tony Coiro motioned to accept, Art Merrill second. Passed.
5. Letter – past due members – Jeff will be sending out a letter.
6. Update on FAD and 3rd Supplemental Side Agreement
a. LAP – EIS Update/White paper – Comments due October 31, 2017- Comments submitted. There was a question about a response time for the City. Generally thought there is. Will need to check the FAD.
b. FAD – Frazier reported that the internal NYSDOH review under Pat Palmer was complete and forwarded to superiors in DOH. After their review, it will go to DEC, EPA and DEP. The goal is to have it out by the end of 2017.
c. Third Sup Side agreement – as usually reported, is imminent.
i. Jeff reported on the status of the bike path issue in Greene County. It is ongoing.
d. It was reported that the pilot program for electric motors on the Cannonsville will end as demand, was not that high and there is a new infestation of hydrilla, an invasive species, that DEP is very concerned about the ability to adequately clean the motors. Sailboat use has not been a large use and has declined. Sail boating will be eliminated as well due to the cleaning challenges associated with cleaning sail boats relative to hydrilla.
e. Frazier also reported that he asked Paul Lenz to look into the ongoing question of establishing scenic views around the reservoirs.
7. Flood Commission Reports – Flood Commission reports for Delaware, Greene/Schoharie and Ulster Counties were handed out and reported on by Graydon Dutcher, Michelle Yost and Aaron Bennett respectively. In short, numerous commissions in each county are nearing completion and some simply need approval by the respective boards and commissions. See attached reports.
8. CWC report – a right of refusal is in the packet.
9. OST Report – ongoing – no update.
10. Farm Transition- December 12 – FYI that the meetings are ongoing as per the FAD to address the issue of farm transition.
11. Below the Reservoirs
a. Delaware – FFMP signed – Frazier, Underwood and Merrill reported on the new deal. It is now a 10 year agreement with two five year phases. Studies on various issues are planned to address some longstanding issues, such as the amount of water available for releases to mitigate yoyo releases and thermal needs. NYSDEC now has the sole discretion with regard to releases needed for various needs under the FAD.
i. Final SCMP public meetings are completed and a final draft is out for comment. This will provide the framework to address everything from flood mitigation, sediment reduction, fish habitat, etc.
b. Esopus – N/R
c. Schoharie –N/R
12. Storage of CWT archives. A discussion ensued regarding where to store the archives. One viable location is in the new CWC building. Tim Cox requested that the CWT inform the CWC as to the amount of space they would need so CWC can incorporate the CWT needs into their plans.
13. Warrants(s) and Treasurer’s Report
a. Bud Gladstone –
i. Warrants – Young Sommers $7,222.20, Storage Fee $50, Watershed Affairs $745.00. Total $8,017.20. Motion to pay the bills Mike McCrary, second by Tony Coiro. Passed.
ii. Treasurer’s report: Checking Account Balance $805.39; saving balance $45,848.23. Motion to accept the report Mike McCrary second by Tony Coiro.
b. Dues Payment Update – Letter needs to go out. Three members were highlighted as behind. Mark said he would be contacting these members.
15. Adjourn – Motion to adjourn Tony Coiro and second by Pete Friedel. No discussion. Passed.