Executive Board Meeting – Sept 19, 2016

Location: Coalition of Watershed Towns, Main Street, Margaretville, NY
Time: 6:15pm

In attendance: Anthony Coiro, Ric Coombe, Bruch Dolph, Peter Friedel, Michael McCrary, Mark Tuthill, Anthony Van Glad
Dean Frazier, Molly Oliver, Larry Underwood, Tim Cox, Alicia Terry

1. Call to Order – 6:16

2. August 15, 2016 Minutes Approval. Motion made by Mike, seconded by Ric. Carried.

3. Executive Committee
a. Diana Cope submitted a letter of resignation. Marge Miller also resigned leaving two openings for alternate CWT members from Delaware County. Dean suggested Tom Hilson of Bovina, and many thought that would be a good choice. Delaware County representatives will brainstorm outside the meeting to think of other options.

4. Update on WSP & Side Agreement, WR&R
a. WSP and Side agreement are essentially done. Need to check the status of Ulster and Sullivan Counties. Ric will assist with Sullivan County.

b. City will simplify stormwater projects for smaller projects.

c. City will take out Hardship requirement from the variance process

d. New table to replace NCRA, but the City has to make a funding commitment.

e. We are pushing against further land acquisition. We expected more pushback on this, so that is positive. The National Research Council will form a panel to assess the need for continued land acquisition. All parties seem interested in being selective about parcels to be acquired, that they are necessary. The Riparian Buffer Program was discussed.

f. Stream program. DEP not budging on delegating Stream Program issues. The entirety of this issue was not discussed during that meeting. Discussion will continue in small groups. There has been conflicting information from DEP. In the Farm Program they do 75-100 BMPs every year. They do not have any direct oversight from DEP. They can actually use the designs of the Stream Program Engineers, even though the Stream Program cannot. We want nationally accepted standards such as NRCS to be used as a guide.

g. The stream program is not satisfied with the suggestions put forth in the last stakeholder meeting. For example, the technical and programmatic groups have not been able to make progress to date.

h. Ric suggested we develop CAD templates to eliminate some of the conflict re: templates.

i. Larry described a “functional review” where the funder can review a plan for 1-2 days to make sure it will meet their goals.

j. Different DEP departments do not communicate, and give conflicting comments.

k. Delaware County is set up differently than the other counties in that they have an engineer on staff.

l. Kingston Meetings – Sept 7, 8, 17, 18, 26, 27, October 17, 18, 25

m. There will be a meeting with Land Trusts in Valhalla on Sept 28.

5. Flood Commission Reports – flood commissions are moving forward. See attached handouts.

6. CWC reports – DEP Meeting – CWC will take over the reimbursement of this program. There are final details to work out. They have also sent around correspondence to determine the Outreach and Technical leads. No lobbying allowed in this program. Jeff and Tim to discuss the exact meaning of lobbying as it applies here. If an outreach or technical lead is already funded by NYC they cannot be reimbursed by the program. Working with parking lot owner at Margaretville parking lot across from Freshtown. Lowering that lot can significantly lower floodwater on Main Street.

7. 25th Anniversary of CWT
a. Kurt Ossenfort – Contract Update from Jeff – Jeff will get that out next week.

b. Motion to pay Kurt Ossenfort $500 for the video played at the CWT Anniversary. Motion made by Tony Van Glad, seconded by Tony Coiro, carried.

c. Archive materials from WOH, Young Sommer, Greene County – Archivist coming on 26th.

d. Storage of material – where will hard and digital files be stored? Do all need to be scanned or just some? Tony Van Glad asked if archivists are licensed, bonded, etc? We are unsure. Could store in new CWC building, but that will be 2-3 years down the road. If we digitize, do we need to keep the hard copies of everything?

8. Below the Reservoirs
a. Delaware – Have 9 upcoming meetings for first public outreach for the Stream Corridor Management Plan. Water, Water Everywhere will be on October 19th at the West Branch Angler. FAD ask for emergency notification down there, which would require ongoing education and outreach. We also asked for Stream Gauges and Forest Management. Croton being online has been online for more than a year and those numbers are now being use in determining the releases from the dams.
b. Esopus – no report
c. Schoharie – no report

9. Warrants(s) and Treasurer’s Report
a. Tony Van Glad made a motion to pay:
i. Bruce Dolph – $205. 90
ii. Young and Sommer – $7578.00
iii. Delaware County WSA – Postage – $14.12
iv. Delaware County WSA – Professional – $6,727.52
v. Abbey Movers – $750.00
vi. Storeroom – $140.00
vii. Gail Hymers – $66.84
viii. Kurt Ossenfort – $500.00
ix. TOTAL = 15,767.48
Tony Coiro seconded, carried.

Checking Account – $846.89
Savings Account – $89,998.08
The bills will be paid out of that.
b. Dues Payment Update – no update to report. Only a handful that weren’t up to date.

10. Other – DRBC is contemplating a change in the fee schedule for wastewater and water withdrawals. Withdrawls would impact gold courses, farms, water bottling facilities, etc… The change will get rid of the large fees at the time of application, and would implement a yearly fee.

11. Adjourn 7:35 – Ric made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Tony Coiro. Carried

Advertisements