Location: CWC, Main Street, Margaretville, NY
Present: Ric Coombe, William Federice, Peter Friedel, Mark Tuthill, Greg Vurckio, Thomas Hilson, Scott Grey and Shayne Moshier.
Others: Bruce Dolph, Tim Cox, Jason Merwin, Jeff Baker and Kelly Mariotti.
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:17.
2. December 16, 2019 Minutes Approval: Motion to approve December’s minutes by Thomas Hilson. Second by Peter Friedel. Motion carried.
3. Dues notices for 2020/2019 yearly report: Jeff Baker will write up the yearly report which will include that the 2020 dues are going up by 50%. Motion to raise the CWT dues by 50% by Ric Coombe. Second by Tom Hilson. Motion carried. He will get the report to Kelly for her to get out in the mail to the Town and Village members.
4. Legal Services: Mark got a call from Kevin Young. They are willing to take over for Jeff if the CWT board changes their mind regarding hiring Jeff as an independent attorney.
a. Easements: Jeff reported that there is no resolution on the language to date. There is going to be a conference call with Kevin, Allison, Shelly and Jeff to discuss the issue. The Planning department doesn’t necessarily agree with Jeff. Jeff and Hilary have been looking at the FEMA deed restrictions, but that raises a lot of other issues. DEC is stepping back from their position. If we don’t do the program, there is no city money for the land acquisitions for flood buy out. The City did put the word “and” in the language to tie it all together.
b. FAD deliverables: No report.
i. Streamside Acquisition: No report
c. Flood Commission Reports: Bruce Dolph reported that Delhi and Andes are gearing up for big projects this spring.
d. CWC report: Tim Cox reported that they pay half the salary for a business consultant for people to do a business plan. This service is free and can be done at CWC. Need to have a business plan in order to get a loan from CWC. There is a new Stormwater person starting January 21 at the CWC. Should be in the new building in March. Jason Merwin reported that some CWC staff and some Supervisors went on a site visit of the construction of the tunnel in Newburgh.
e. Below the Reservoirs: No report
6. Warrants(s) and Treasurer’s Report: William Federice motioned to accept the treasurer’s report and to pay the warrant. Second by Ric Coombe. Motion carried.
7. Other: Tom Hilson asked when does the Water Supply Permit expire. Jeff stated it expires in 2024, but the negotiations will start in 2022.
8. Adjourn: Motion to adjourn the meeting by Tom Hilson. Second by Greg Vurckio. Meeting adjourn at 6:45.